We are always on the look out for passionate, organised and dedicated Support Staff!
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability Services (or equivalent work experience)
- Current National Police Clearance (issued within the last 3 months)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Must have current Australian Drivers Licence with reliable vehicle
- Manual Handling, Medication Training and Mental Health First Aid are preferred, but not essential
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will support Participants in their own homes and in the community in their day-to-day living, ensuring that they have maximum opportunity for developing valued lifestyles.
- Provide opportunities for choice and control and participation in matters relating to the home as well as support to access community services and facilities.
- Provide support as required for all household management; and activities of daily living based on Participants individual needs.
- Facilitate community inclusion and participation to establish and maintain relationship and interests through access to community activities, venues and services.
- Carry out and promote positive routines, duties and activities in a cooperative respectful and flexible manner, which are meaningful and purposeful to the Participant.
- Utilise sound organisational and planning skills.
- Contribute to the individual support arrangements using initiative, common sense, innovation and creativity.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts – Weekday/ Weekends/ Overnight
- Supportive Leadership team
- Ongoing development provided
- Wonderful opportunity to make a positive difference in a Participant’s life.